I love doing public outreach and am always interested in opportunities to speak or guest lecture about my work or areas that interest me. I particularly enjoy sharing knowledge through interactive workshops (online and in person) and have run a number of them around supporting work-life balance in the digital age.
I have performed in stand-up comedy science shows, academic talks, and public engagement events. My work has been featured in several media outlets, from science magazines to podcasts. You can watch videos from some of my talks and research projects.
Areas of interest and expertise:
- Gig economy and the future of work
- Digital Wellbeing and Work-life balance
- Online and offline identity
- Digital communications across devices
- Personal informatics and telemetry
- Gender and technology
If you would like me to talk at your event, would like to ask me to consult on how to support workers’ wellbeing and resilience in the digital age, or just want to bounce some ideas around with me, please get in touch with me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message me on Twitter: @martacecchinato.
Here are some examples of previous invited talks, public engagement events and workshops I’ve done:
- Digital wellbeing when working from home and beyond. Sheffield Innovation Programme. May 2020
- Digital Wellbeing for academic life. EPSRC GetAMoveOn Fellow Writing Retreat. March 2020
- Designing for Digital Wellbeing. Nokia Bell Labs. July 2019
- Take control of your digital devices: how to manage work-life balance in the digital age Soapbox Science public engagement event. June 2019
- Should designers be held more accountable? UX Live. October 2018
- Bright Club stand up comedy set (2014, 2015)